By nature of the industry, medical device suppliers are forced to push the boundaries of technology and innovation. Norwood Medical embraces the challenges of providing comprehensive research, development and prototyping expertise to our customers. Whenever possible, Norwood Medical gets involved at the project inception phase for new projects. This allows us to not only provide the critical assistance with product design and development, but also to approach the design with an emphasis on manufacturability and assembly.
Norwood Medical’s R&D Center encompasses more than 30,000 sq. ft., with a multitude of employees and resources available to provide needed engineering design and programming support. The facility provides a full range of prototyping capabilities, from laser cutting to mechanical assembly.
Our medical device customers depend on Norwood Medical for the following R&D capabilities:
- Assist in product design and development
- Assist in design for manufacturability and assembly
- Provide quick turnaround on prototype parts
- Develop manufacturing processes for production
- Develop new technologies/capabilities
Norwood Medical thrives on a culture of ingenuity and welcomes the opportunity to help our customers with the most complex requirements or challenging demands. We welcome the challenges that come with producing the most complex products. We continually invest in new technologies and equipment, employ industry-leading talent, and foster an environment where innovation is the driving force.
Dedication to Quality
Norwood assures customer satisfaction and product safety through a robust and proven Quality System. We recognize that there is no place for implants, instruments or procedures that don’t meet the very highest quality standards
- 21 CFR 820 FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) compliant and ISO 13485:2016 certified
- Deploying ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Staff
- Utilizing ISO 14971:2012 risk management system for medical devices
Medical Device Manufacturer
Norwood Medical focuses exclusively on medical device manufacturing. We have over 40 years experience helping customers deliver innovative products to market with speed and lean manufacturing practices.
- Vertically integrated to solve problems quickly
- Focused quality processes assure excellence
In an industry that demands the highest precision to ensure the safety and wellness of medical patients, Norwood Medical understands and accepts its critical role in this supply chain.