Protection of the environment and sustainability of its resources are valued across the organization and are a key consideration as we organically grow and vertically integrate. Norwood emphasizes concern for the environment as a key contribution to our community and feels that adding value for people and the planet are essential when fueling growth. We strive to make continuous improvements to minimize our environmental footprint and strengthen our resources for the future well-being of our planet.
We share our customers’ values and support their efforts and expectations of sustainable manufacturing because we are an extension of their businesses. We also drive these values through our supply chain and their operations.
We will continue to identify and complete projects in the key areas for sustainability: energy, waste, and workforce wellness.
Norwood Medical will strive to conserve natural resources and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. We assess our performance with regard to energy usage and carbon reduction through participation in the Carbon Disclosure Project. We will focus on achieving these objectives through implementation of various energy management projects that minimize the economic burden on the Company.
Our short term objectives are:
- Establish a baseline for setting long-term reduction goals and evaluating future efforts and overall performance.
- Assess our organizational activities and identify areas where we can minimize impacts.
- Support national energy efficiency policies.
Our long term objectives are:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by at least 2% by 2020 in intensity terms using 2012 as base year.
- Reduce expenditure on energy by investing in cost-effective plant and equipment upgrades.
Norwood Medical supports reducing waste generation and increasing recycling of materials in our operations and business activities. We will dispose of waste conscientiously and by making "reduce/reuse/recycle" the standard operating procedure. These initiatives will help conserve natural resources and reduce environmental pollution. The activities we will pursue are:
- Recycle materials from our manufacturing processes.
- Reclaim the cutting oils from the manufacturing process for reuse.
Norwood Medical promotes employee health and well-being by encouraging them to know their health risks and by providing access to preventative programs. We believe in partnering with employees to make lifestyle changes and improve their overall health. The activities we will pursue are:
- Provide health assessment seminars to assess employees’ overall health
- Provide free annual flu shots for all associates
2017 Sustainability Report
The annual on-site health screenings are available to all employees at no cost. Participation is voluntary. The screenings include blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, A1C, and body mass index. Employees receive their individual results immediately. This event helps employees to identify potential health problems. Norwood Medical receives the aggregate results and uses the data to plan wellness initiatives. Twenty-five percent of Norwood Medical’s employees participated in the 2017 event.
Norwood Medical partners with a local medical facility every year to provide flu vaccinations to employees. The flu vaccine clinic is held at Norwood Medical. Participation is voluntary, and the vaccines are of no cost to employees. During the 2017 flu shot clinic, 37% of employees received flu vaccinations.
Blood Donation Drives
Norwood Medical hosts two blood donation drives with the Dayton Community Blood Center each year. The Community Blood Center has ranked Norwood Medical as a “Silver Partner” for five consecutive years because of the frequency of donation drives and the employee participation rate. Well over 100 blood donors participated in each blood drive!
Medical Device Manufacturer
Norwood Medical focuses exclusively on medical device manufacturing. We have over 40 years experience helping customers deliver innovative products to market with speed and lean manufacturing practices.
- Vertically integrated to solve problems quickly
- Focused quality processes assure excellence
In an industry that demands the highest precision to ensure the safety and wellness of medical patients, Norwood Medical understands and accepts its critical role in this supply chain.
Dedication to Quality
Norwood assures customer satisfaction and product safety through a robust and proven Quality System. We recognize that there is no place for implants, instruments or procedures that don’t meet the very highest quality standards
- 21 CFR 820 FDA Quality System Regulation (QSR) compliant and ISO 13485:2003/ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Deploying ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Staff
- Utilizing ISO 14971:2007 risk management system for medical devices
With an exclusive focus on medical device manufacturing, we offer a comprehensive range of capabilities to address the most complex customer requirements: